Colombian was traveling to Durango but “INM locked her up” in the CDMX airport and deported to her country.


What would be a fun trip to Durango turned into a nightmare for a woman from Colombia, because she received inhumane treatment while she was in Mexico City and was returned to her country of origin without explanation.

It was through social networks that Karla González, a young woman from Durango, shared the story of Mrs. Lina Luz López Villamil.

In a publication, the young woman indicates that she and Lina have been a friend of her family for a long time, so they invited her to take a vacation with all expenses paid in Mexico.

“For more than a year we were organizing the trip, we all helped and contributed so that Lina’s papers were in time and form, as well as her transportation expenses and everything necessary for her trip, we complied with all the immigration requirements,” said the young in his post.

Last Sunday, February 5, at 8:00 a.m., Lina’s first flight left, from Bogotá to CDMX; from that moment on, Karla’s family lost communication with Mrs. Lina.

She was scheduled to take a second flight to Durango at 6:00 p.m. that same day, arriving in the city around 8:00 p.m.; However, even though the family from Durango was waiting for her at the airport at that time, Mrs. Lina never arrived, and there was no way to contact her.

After making several calls to the airline, the Mexico City International Airport, as well as various institutions in the country, and receiving a response that “they could not provide information,” they decided to send an email to report her as a missing person.

“For the whole family it was a night of great anguish and despair because we did not know anything about the whereabouts of Mrs. Lina Luz López Villamil,” said the young woman.

It was not until 5:40 a.m. this Monday, February 6, that Lina was able to communicate with the Duranguense family, to inform them that she had been returned to her country of origin.

The experience that the woman lived at the CDMX airport was described as the most “denigrating, racist and inhumane” that has happened in her life, since she was locked up for more than 12 hours, without a drop of water, without food and without communication.

In addition to her, they searched her cell phone and took away all her belongings, while they intimidated her with lies.

When she was returned to her country, she was never informed of the reason for been detained, since they indicate that they only treated her as if she were a criminal, humiliated her and never allowed her to make a call.

The person making the publication asks for an immediate solution to the case of Mrs. Lina, since she says that it was not only an emotional loss, but also an economic one, and a lot of psychological damage for both families.

Source: El Siglo de Durango